Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you remove games from a flashmasta WS?
Hopefully a simple answer, I bought the new flashmasta and am selling my old flashmasta, and I cannot determine how you remove games from the card. I can add them, of course, using flashmasta software, but I can't see how you remove them. Is there an "empty" file that you flash to the spot, or something like that? Thanks for all replies.
(01-31-2021, 03:41 PM)koif Wrote: Hopefully a simple answer, I bought the new flashmasta and am selling my old flashmasta, and I cannot determine how you remove games from the card. I can add them, of course, using flashmasta software, but I can't see how you remove them. Is there an "empty" file that you flash to the spot, or something like that? Thanks for all replies.

Do you really need to empty the cart ? you have classified save game ?
You can flash it with any PD ROM you can find if you're affraid of any copyright infringement.

Technically, you can't clear the ROM as the software check for the ROM to be valid. To to do, you'd have to create a 0xFF filled ROM, but with valid SNK header. I think that's pointless.
(02-01-2021, 06:31 PM)Loïc Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 03:41 PM)koif Wrote: Hopefully a simple answer, I bought the new flashmasta and am selling my old flashmasta, and I cannot determine how you remove games from the card. I can add them, of course, using flashmasta software, but I can't see how you remove them. Is there an "empty" file that you flash to the spot, or something like that? Thanks for all replies.

Do you really need to empty the cart ? you have classified save game ?
You can flash it with any PD ROM you can find if you're affraid of any copyright infringement.

Technically, you can't clear the ROM as the software check for the ROM to be valid. To to do, you'd have to create a 0xFF filled ROM, but with valid SNK header. I think that's pointless.

My bad, I should have specified this was the flashmasta WS, not the neo. As per the reasoning, I am uncomfortable about selling an item with games still on it. I would feel better if it was as I received it when I originally purchased it.
I ended up figuring out a solution. I had an "Unknown" slot still on my card, and I backed it up and restored it over the other slots on the card.

Here is a link in case anyone runs into this situation. Just save this file locally and flash it to a given slot. https://anonfiles.com/p9q7EfEap0/empty_wsc