03-03-2022, 08:26 AM
Oh sweet, I had no idea the companion software is open sourced.
So, this is what I currently see PC vs WS:
![[Image: 1szO3MU.png]](https://i.imgur.com/1szO3MU.png)
![[Image: 9Oi0UvH.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/9Oi0UvH.jpg)
Seems like the swan software has a better/larger DB as it can recognize basically everything, minus the one strange mixup where 'Uchuu Senkan Yamato' turns into 'LastStand', but the PC one can't seem to recognize many of the SRAM patched games (Final Lap Special, Buffers Evolution, Tetris, GunPey Ex). I'm not sure I'm using the 'official' SRAM patches as the GDrive link here in the forum is dead, but I found a GitHub repo with ones that certainly seem to work.
Would maybe be most advantageous if the PC software would setup the names/slots for the on-device software, could maybe even handle the allocation of the flash ROM so larger/more games could be stored than with using fixed-size slots.
No big deal either way, I was just surprised that the swan menu recognizes more games than the desktop one.
So, this is what I currently see PC vs WS:
![[Image: 1szO3MU.png]](https://i.imgur.com/1szO3MU.png)
![[Image: 9Oi0UvH.jpg]](https://i.imgur.com/9Oi0UvH.jpg)
Seems like the swan software has a better/larger DB as it can recognize basically everything, minus the one strange mixup where 'Uchuu Senkan Yamato' turns into 'LastStand', but the PC one can't seem to recognize many of the SRAM patched games (Final Lap Special, Buffers Evolution, Tetris, GunPey Ex). I'm not sure I'm using the 'official' SRAM patches as the GDrive link here in the forum is dead, but I found a GitHub repo with ones that certainly seem to work.
Would maybe be most advantageous if the PC software would setup the names/slots for the on-device software, could maybe even handle the allocation of the flash ROM so larger/more games could be stored than with using fixed-size slots.
No big deal either way, I was just surprised that the swan menu recognizes more games than the desktop one.

