Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tetris?
(04-30-2015, 11:03 PM)Loïc Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 10:44 PM)wiegraf Wrote: I actually have done a little bit of C programming in the past, so I was thinking I could maybe jump into that. What is the advantage of going with assembly instead? Is it simply faster at runtime, or is dealing with compilation for the NGPC a hassle that makes going with assembly more convenient?

When I got my Bung flash unit, I was only aware of a free assembly cross compiler that produced TLCS-900/H, that's why I picked assembly.

I know there's a C compiler, but I never tried to use it.

Moreover, I thought Assembly to be more instructive regarding hardware functions.

I can see your reasoning there. I finally got my Flashmasta and got to try out the game on the NGPC hardware. Here is what I thought of it:

- Graphics are clear and attractive
- Controls do really need some work. I found them to be very "jumpy"; my tetrominoes would typically move two spaces over when I wanted it to move only one.
- I think that the pieces should be able to rotate at the edge of the screen? Right now they get stuck on it and you have to move over to continue rotating.
-There should be a way to set the difficulty level before beginning a game.

Anyhow, thanks for the interesting game!
Well, I'm not sure I'll try to rework the game Undecided

when you play, you unlock a background each time you enter your name in the high score table (4 backgrounds if I remember)
If you do more than 120 lines, you can access a new play mode.
I'll try to find some time to modify an image so the bonus mode is always accessible.
Send me the sources, I'll take a look.
(05-05-2015, 12:48 AM)sodthor Wrote: Send me the sources, I'll take a look.

Hi Thor,

I fear you'd have to rewrite too much ^^
And it will take on your spare time to finish SQRXZ ;-)

Regards,
Loïc.
(05-05-2015, 12:56 AM)Loïc Wrote: And it will take on your spare time to finish SQRXZ ;-)

low blow!
(05-05-2015, 07:38 PM)sodthor Wrote: low blow!

Angel

source code sent.