Adding roms via usb
Ok, for starters I am not well versed in linux. As the title states I finally got everything fitted and put together , burnt the appropriate image and booted into retropie. I formatted a flash drive with the retropie folder added and plugged into the cm3....nothing. reformatted and tried again same results. Formatted and reburnt the image and no dice. Plugged the flash drive into my raspberry pie 3 and it created the proper directory. I resorted to running ubuntu on a flash drive to try and add the roms ti the retropie image and I get a no permissions  error. I just don't know what else to do and am thinking my usb is borked ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-19-2018, 12:27 PM)fritoking Wrote: Ok, for starters I am not well versed in linux. As the title states I finally got everything fitted and put together , burnt the appropriate image and booted into retropie. I formatted a flash drive with the retropie folder added and plugged into the cm3....nothing. reformatted and tried again same results. Formatted and reburnt the image and no dice. Plugged the flash drive into my raspberry pie 3 and it created the proper directory. I resorted to running ubuntu on a flash drive to try and add the roms ti the retropie image and I get a no permissions  error. I just don't know what else to do and am thinking my usb is borked ?

The only thing I can think of off hand is that you are formatting to the wrong format. Make sure it is FAT32, and if the drive is too big it may not work correctly. You'll know it is right when you format, plug it in, then pull it out after its activity light stops. If you look at what is on the drive, it should have that folder structure you see when you SSH or read the SD card. Though I will admit, I have also had issues with USB ROM transfers. I usually just set an FTP or SSH with a list of all the games I want and then let it run until it finishes.
Its formatted properly and is a 32 gb drive. I finally got it to add the retropie folders add some roms , but it was only once and there is never an activity light. I've bought new flash drives, used fresh images and powered usb hubs but it's the same story.. I cant even get it to add the folders to the flash drive now.
Are you still having errors w/ this frito? If so, show us a print screen of everything you're doing if possible. Step by step so we can see exactly what you're doing and where the error may lie.